Call out for Same But Different – The City Speaks
Alternative web information formats for this webpage:
Text to Speech: Listen to the contents of this webpage below:
Coloured background version of this call out: click HERE
Large print version of this call out: click HERE
About the project
If you are enthusiastic about the power of words, creative writing and poetry, you could have the opportunity to see your words on the streets of Worcester. We are curating a visual words project to take place in Worcester City Centre as part of our Same But Different festival this summer.
About Same But Different:
Same But Different is made up of a range of events taking place throughout the week across the city.
The same city and streets but a little bit different – making the everyday less ordinary in a fun and playful way for the duration of the festival.
We are interested in thoughts, reflections, playful phrases, creative writing and poetry responding to one of the three following themes:
- The Things I’ve Missed
We want to hear your own original style and tone of voice. This can be new or something already existing that you have written.
What would you want to share with the people of Worcester?
How to submit your work
Send your submissions to [email protected] or by completing this online form, by 9 May 2021. If you haven’t heard back from us by 14 May 2021, unfortunately your words have not selected for the project.
We encourage submissions from those who are underrepresented including but not limited to, disabled artists and people from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
If applying by email, please make sure your submission includes all of the below:
- Your first name and surname
- Your contact details (phone number / email)
- Which theme are you responding to with your words? (Hope, Joy, Things I’ve Missed)
- Your relationship with Worcester as a city or how this opportunity may enable you to develop one. (E.g., Do you live, learn or work in the county, or do you have any plans to do so in future?) (800 characters max., approx. 150 words)
- Your submission – this can be in written, audio or video format. (Please follow the submission criteria listed below)
- Ideally no more than 16 lines of text.
- The more lines you have, the shorter the word count per line will need to be.
- The shorter the lines are, the more visually playful we can be with them.
- If you want to enter a piece with very few lines (1 to 3 for example) they can be longer sentences.
- We encourage a range of styles and formats, from inquisitive and provocative poetically structured sentences to haikus.
- Piece can be in any language.
- Playfully formatted/structured work is encouraged.